Questions and Tips When Talking with Your Doctor
Keep these tips in mind the next time you visit your doctor. They will help you take charge of your health and get the most out of each doctor's appointment.
- Write down questions ahead of time
- Bring a list of pills you are taking
- Tell your doctor about your family
- Don't be embarrassed to talk about
anything that bothers you
- Bring a family member with you to help
- Ask your doctor to write down any advice
he or she gives you during your office visit
- Am I at risk for certain diseases?
- Does my family history increase my risks for certain diseases?
- How much exercise should I be getting each week?
- Should I make any changes to my diet?
1. Data on file. Yankelovich men's "Drive for Five" health campaign report survey. Condutcted June 20-28, 2012.